Translate to French

Thursday 23 May 2013

Flat tyre. Or Not?



One sunny day I was driving on an isolated road in Yaoundé.  A taxi with 2 male passengers slowed down near me, and while overtaking, one of the passengers said to me in French, “Madam, you have a flat tyre”.  He was so insistent that I almost pulled over to take a look.  On second thought, I decided to drive right to the Acropole bakery which was nearby.  I can change a tyre by myself but I just didn’t want to do it on an isolated road.
When I arrived at the bakery, I alighted from the car and took a look around. All the tyres looked just fine.  I wondered why that man told me insistently that I had a flat tyre. I didn’t give it much thought as I went about my day.
A few days later I was reminiscing on this incident and that is when it struck me: A lady driving on an isolated road having a flat tyre is the excellent recipe for a carjacking!
I thank God for sending me an angel to inspire me to keep driving on that fateful day.

No comments: