Translate to French

Monday 21 October 2013

Plums everywhere!

I was doing my weekend athletic walk when a taxi transporting African plums spread the goods everywhere.  The taxi driver didn't notice that his client’s merchandise in his trunk had burst open.  
Out of nowhere, about 10 passersby got into the road picking up the healthy looking plums.  I was concerned about the safety of these people. I actually saw one of them indicating with his hand to oncoming vehicles ‘go that way’ as in, drive in the other lane so that I can collect my plums in peace.
You might think they were reaping where they didn’t sow. You might have also be concerned about their safety.  But these guys did a great job: they cleared the road of a potential source of car accidents.  Imagine oncoming cars thinking these plums were stones and suddenly hitting on their brakes.  My sports companion and I had a good laugh on the entire scenario. I hope the taxi driver and the client amicably resolved the episode. 


No comments: