Translate to French

Wednesday 3 April 2013

The reward of random kindness


As I drove away from my home one morning, I saw a lady walking up the road. I promptly slowed down and when she turned around to give way to the car, without thinking I asked her, “Are you going into town?” She said yes. I offered her a lift.

She got into the car and as we drove off, I told her to wear her seat belt. She asked me if it was necessary. I smiled and told her that the car manufacturers probably thought it was necessary. She wore it.  
After a few minutes, she said, “Sorry to ask but I would like to know why you decided to carry me today. You have driven past me several times before but what made today different?” 
I told her that I don’t have any logical explanation to give her. I said there are days when I wonder why I drive an empty car to work with all these pedestrians waiting for a cab. It isn’t something I do often. If I know someone, I give the person a lift. But we are all human beings and sometimes the spirit of God pushes you to show love to a total stranger. It doesn’t mean you push caution to the wind. It just means that divine synchronicity works in a way that we don’t always understand. 
          She agreed with me that it is God in action. She told me that she too is a Christian and as she was parting, she assured me that I will have a testimony to tell her when next we meet. She emphasized that I will experience something wonderful during the day. 
          I dropped her off around her destination and spent the rest of the time thanking God for this amazing lady and wondering how her words will manifest. 
            A few hours later, my Mum called me to withdraw some money from her account and give to a family member whose baptism was around the corner. She also said I should take 5.000frs for the kids’ yoghourt.
           I had taken an appointment to meet a friend.  He had an unforeseen meeting and called me to come earlier. When I got to his office, he gave me 25.000frs to help get milk for the kids. I certainly have a testimony to tell this lady to whom I offered a lift. God bless u dear Thailor! And thank you God for the gift of abundance. And kindness. The magic of it all.




1 comment:

Laura TINZOH said...

Dear T, this is probably my first time reading your blog. I am so impressed. This is quite inspirational. Keep up the SPIRIT.

Kindness is definately a virtue worth practicing. I LOVE this Testimony my dear ..esp. the FIRST part. When we do good to a child of GOD, GOD kind of owes us a favour and HE will definately be FAITHFUL in paying us back - in VARIOUS ways.

BLESS your heart. I will be checking in here more often. Regards to your lovely kids.

LAURA