Translate to French

Thursday 21 February 2013

A Near Death Experience

                     In a hall half full of people, volunteers were taking turns in singing. I was inspired to do something I had done many years back when I was in high school. I requested the microphone with a show of my hand. I confidently took it close to my lips and said, "I will sing 'I have nothing in memory of Whitney Houston". 
          I took a deep breath and started, "Share my life, take me for what I am..."  I lost my voice after that line. I didn’t understand why the words weren’t coming out anymore. It is then that I realized my throat was very dry and I was actually gasping for air. It got so bad that I started using my hands to indicate that I needed to drink water. I was given a glass of water but when it touched my tongue, I didn’t get any relief. I felt like I was choking and it actually felt more like something had to be done asap. 
           That is when it dawned on me that no air means heading for eternity. I also remembered that in near death experiences (NDE), the person usually met a relative that has gone ahead into eternity, who asked where they were going to and sent them back. So I indicated that I wanted to see my kids. Even before they were brought to me, I could see them in my mind's eye. At this moment, I placed my arm on my forehead and felt how cold it was, meaning I was going gradually. I was so scared that this was it. 

           And then I got up.  I noticed my arm was actually placed across forehead as it was in the dream. Hmmm, talk of near death experiences. I experienced one last night. In the form of a dream. I am glad it's over cos it seemed SO REAL.  Have you ever had a NDE? Tell me about it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stories T. Keep it up. The tons of pacesetters and Mills and Boones u read in Bambili are now coming in handy. Adangwa