Translate to French

Saturday 1 September 2012

Next time



I was driving from a roast fish outing when a police officer pulled me over at a check point.  I waited patiently for him to come over and do his job.  He approached my window and presented himself.  Very professional as usual.  I was expecting him to ask for my vehicle registration documents and the usual bla bla bla they ask for, when he said in French, “Just give us what you kept for us from Etok-koss”.

Etok-koss is a famous roast fish joint in the outskirts of Yaoundé.  They have circa 10 fish ponds and I like eating roasted tilapia.  You can fish what you want to eat or go on a canoe ride.  Feeding the fish with food bought from there is a favorite pass time.

From this police check point you can see vehicles making a turn to, and coming from the joint.  So I guess mine wasn’t an exception.  Even though he didn’t check, all my car documents were in tact.  I just smiled and told him in French, “Next time”, and he waved me goodbye.

Ps
Hope Etok-koss pays me for this publicity. 


No comments: