Translate to French

Monday 8 August 2022

 Give and receive. This time, same day!

During my free time one day, I decided to scroll through Mimimefo’s Facebook page. One story caught my attention. A desperate person had read about the possibility of people donating one of their kidneys to make money, so he reached out to Mimimefo to find out more. Mimi posted another story, discouraging the person about such a venture. A kind person offered to provide some gentle support to the guy and Mimi did the go-between. After seeing this, I reached out as well and supported and Mimi posted the guy’s reply which read: "You don't know what this means to me. If I tell you my story, you will understand why this means the world to me".

During that same hour, my son was talking with my Dad when the latter asked him if he had already given him some pocket money the week prior. He said no. So, Dad sent him some money.

This is just one out of many other instances in which I give and receive the same day. Sometimes, it is the same amount! Indeed, receiving is the reward for giving. These little actions create a better world. Keep giving, receiving will be your natural prize. It is not only about money. Ever noticed how when you smile at someone, the person smiles right back at you? Even when it is a total stranger.

“It is still a beautiful world” dixit the famous poem: The Desiderata.



No comments: