Translate to French

Wednesday 22 June 2022

He lifted me up and belittled the millions

One day in the open market, I met a man carrying what looked like a bundle of a few millions. I looked at him, smiled and said, “Sir, where is my share?”

He looked at me, pursed his lips and slightly twisted his face into a shallow grin and said, “Why bother about crumbs like this when you deserve better?”

At this point, all I could say to him was, “You made my day”, then I burst into hysterical laughter and he did same. That moment when you least expect someone to say something so hilariously soothing and so heavenly. Yes, it was a heavenly moment. It sounded like a phrase culled from the Bible asking why we bother ourselves about things that don’t matter when the birds go about their day, not wondering what they will eat, what they will drink, what they will wear. Indeed, his spirit and mine matched perfectly in an exuberance of mutual light-heartedness in that momentary encounter.

Appreciate the little discussions you have with strangers. Do not take life too seriously. Enjoy the moment and take time to smell the roses. Life is beautiful. And we are all one. It is the same spirit of God in each one of us. And that spirit wants us to reach out to each other with positive reassurance, and lift each other’s spirits. At all times. Always, all ways.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you have been up to :-)

Like, comment and share.

No comments: