Translate to French

Monday 20 February 2023

Thoughts become things

Yes, thoughts become things.

I live in a malaria endemic zone. Consequently, my office provides two mosquito repellents monthly. I hadn’t been collecting them regularly, so I had just one at home.

One day I showed up to collect some in the office, knocked on the door but it was locked. I could tell from the window that there was no one inside the office. A passerby indicated to me to use the other hidden door around the corner and so I did.

A few minutes earlier, I was walking towards that office with a friend who saw the very illegible photocopy of my ID card which I was going to hand in to collect the repellent. He offered to help me photocopy a clearer one and I declined because I didn’t want to waste his precious time.

Upon opening the door, I saw a man sitting at his desk. I greeted and told him I have come to collect mosquito repellent. Normally we are entitled to two per month. As he got up to go to the other room to collect it, I handed over to him the photocopy of my ID card. While he walked away, in my mind I was thinking, “I wish he could give me 3 and not just 2”.

Not only did he return with 3 moments later, he also made two very clear photocopies of the ID card and gave me one, while keeping the other for the records.

Believe me when I say thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hands. And I did!

We are usually preoccupied by the kind of clothes we wear, the food we eat, and what we drink. But we never heed nor pay close attention to the thoughts we think. Our thoughts create our reality. With this knowledge, aren’t we going to start living in the awareness of the thoughts we think? We definitely should, especially because it is the first level of creation. We create at 3 levels: the thought, the word, and the action. 

The mind has tens of thousands of thoughts daily. It is almost impossible to monitor them to ensure we are thinking good thoughts. However, a good approach is to fill in the gaps. What I mean is, rather than letting your mind flood with thoughts from everywhere and anywhere, you can consciously fill your mind with positive thoughts throughout the day. The easiest way to do this is through positive affirmations. There are hundreds of applications on Google play store with positive affirmations. Fill your mind with them by listening to them and reading them aloud. One of the best ways to say your affirmations is in front of a mirror...

I am healthy, I am blessed, I am loved, I am secure, I am prosperous, I am whole, I am unique, I am kind, I am happy, abundance is my birth right etc etc.

Surround your thinking with them. Filling the gaps leaves little room for negative thoughts to come and stay.


And above all, live with a #Gratitude attitude. Whatever you think about and give thanks for, you bring about. It works, especially with some practice.

May the joy be with our thoughts.


3 comments:

Krystine said...

Good piece. We have to pay attention to our thoughts and out extra efforts to control them in a positive direction.
Krystine

T! Ntemgwa said...

Thanks Krystine and your appreciation is cherished. T.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.