Translate to French

Monday 1 January 2024


             One day I went into a big beauty centre in Yaoundé to get information about training services offered. The manager was absent and so I was received by one of the apprentice.  She responded very nicely to all my concerns and said I should wait a for the manager to give me an information sheet. I told her I was really in a haste and I think with the information she gave me, I was ok with that.  

            Just then, the manager returned and they handed me a sheet of A4 paper with all the information on types of courses and prices.  The prices per year ranged from 250.000frs to 400.000frs. I was satisfied with the information sheet. I thanked them for their service and bid them goodbye. 
As I turned round to leave, the student said, "Madam, the information sheet is 50frs". I have never been so short of words to pronounce after hearing those words. For heaven's sake, this is a business place that needs customers. They want me to pay 50 FRS for a poorly copied sheet of paper? The print was not even clear. I didn’t have any coins on me so I copied the phone number directly into my phone and handed back the paper.


              By the way, a photocopy costs 25 FRS all over town. So why would I pay more for the lower quality? Later on that day I recounted the incident to a colleague who turned out to be a regular customer there. I told her to tell them that it is so disgraceful to give potential clients a piece of paper and ask them to pay for it. Jeez. They should invest even a little to get more customers and more profit! Do you agree with me? Pls leave a comment. And your name. Thx!

No comments: