Translate to French

Tuesday 30 January 2024

A request to mentor another: my spirituality mentorship guide

Dr. Brigitte is an MD friend who has been my fervent WhatsApp status viewer. Recently, she asked me to mentor her on Gratitude and the Law of Attraction (LoA). This prompted me to share with her a few daily practices which generate the indispensable vibrational frequencies of gratitude. 

My spiritual journey began in 2007 when I read two books: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and Conversations with God: an Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch. I enjoy reading books on spirituality because they are full of testimonies on how people like you and I overcome challenges to live a more fulfilling life. As I peruse their testimonies, I always tell myself, "If they can do it, then I can do it".

I prepared a list of items that constitute my daily spiritual routine which I shared with Dr. Brigitte. I refer to it as my Spirituality Mentorship Guide. These are things I do, mostly daily, to keep my body, mind and spirit in harmony. When these three are in agreement, you are certain to experience a healthy and fulfilling life in which the mind decides with ease, the body executes in synch and the spirit approves your actions in harmony. This could be likened to the biblical reference of Mathew 18:20: “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them” (NRSV).

My self-learning Spirituality Mentorship Guide consists of the following:

  • Writing in my gratitude journal.
  • Accepting outcomes, no matter what they are.
  • Having a vision board and reading its content daily.
  • Sharing LoA knowledge and testimonies with others.
  • Having the burning desire to know more about spirituality.
  • Using positive affirmation words as part of my passwords.
  • Trusting in the process and knowing it is never too late to expand one's spiritual journey.
  • Writing positive words with bold marker on all mirrors at home e.g. blessings, abundance, joy, peace etc.
  • Posting positive affirmations that resonate with me on my WhatsApp status. Rereading them during the day.
  • Reading and listening to positive affirmations from apps in my phone – I have 6 of them, two audios and four text-based.
  • Listening to inspirational audio messages by my favorite authors: Dolores Cannon, Joe Dispenza, Abraham Hicks, Sadhguru, Joel Osteen, Rhonda Byrne, Neale Donald Walsch, Raoul Wafo.

In case your spiritual journey has been on hold, NOW is the time to resume. Live the present moment, and know that NOW is the right time to receive this knowledge. In case you were not aware of it previously, have no regrets about the timing. Perhaps you were not ready to receive the knowledge. 
May your onward journey be richly blessed with infinite testimonies after putting some of the above into practice. This is my wish for you.

PS: what other daily spiritual practices do you engage in? I'd appreciate your feedback.

 

1 comment:

Krystine said...

Great piece. Positive affirmation should be part of our lives and those of our family. That said, I’ll look into updating my passwords. lol.