Translate to French

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Am I psychic?

Last night I watched an episode of Desperate Housewives season 4 in which a tornado caused a lot of destruction of property on Wisteria Lane. I went to bed and got up around 6am to listen to the news on BBC radio. But first let me tell you what I dreamt about:

I had just won an award at an electronics raffle draw, the first winner got a car and the second, a digital camera (that was me). I looked up to the sky was amazed at the beautiful patterns forming in the sky, not knowing that it was a storm preparing. Suddenly, I saw from a distance how the powerful winds were causing the ministry of Higher Education to sway from side to side!

All the people I was with struggled to get into a shelter in a tall storey building. It started raining heavily and the water levels started to rise. It rose so much that it almost got to the 8th floor on which we were. I mustered all the people in the hall and asked them to gather all their energies and prayers to say repeatedly “Thank you God that the water level is going down, down down”. And just like that, we all started to say that and indeed the water levels started dropping until the storm was over.

Now, the first news story I heard that morning was the tsunami in the South Pacific that killed circa 65 people in Samoa, 20 in American Samoa and 6 in Tonga. An 8.3-magnitude quake struck at 17.48 GMT on Tuesday, generating 15ft (4.5m) waves in some areas of the islands. We thank God for the souls gone ahead.

I began to wonder: Are dreams really a result of the last thoughts we have before going to bed, the day’s activities or is it really an out-of-the-body experience?

According to some researchers, dreams occur when the soul leaves the body to have out-of-the-body experiences. If this is true, then perhaps my soul was actually in the South Pacific experiencing the tsunami with the others?

Another research I came across says that we sleep because the soul is tired of being in the body and wants to put the body in a state where the soul can leave to have out-of-the-body experiences. I instead thought the body gets tired and goes to sleep to rest.

However, dictionary.com describes a dream as a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep. Perhaps I am becoming psychic, because the tornado on Wisteria Lane had no floods in it. What do you think? What do dreams represent to you?


Dictionary.com defines psychic as: pertaining to the human soul or mind; outside of natural or scientific knowledge, spiritual

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of my dreams, they come to pass. Especially before I had learned to pray for it not to pass. since i learnt how to get up and pray, i seem to be averting the bad things i dream about.......I now believe this from experience......But also, I also believe in God.